Friday, November 11, 2016

Preschool Theme Farm Animals



Recently I began hosting a Mother's Morning Out program at my house.
I have enjoyed preparing lessons for our pre-schoolers, and I thought it would be fun to share some of my lesson plans on the blog. This week our theme was farm animals.

Here are some of the crafts and songs from my lesson plan. Enjoy!

“Farmer and Animals”
Sung to: "The Farmer In The Dell"

The ducks say, quack, quack.
The ducks say, quack, quack.
Heigh-ho, the Derry-oh,
The ducks say quack, quack!

The cows say, moo, moo.
The cows say, moo, moo.
Heigh-ho, the Derry-oh,
The cows say, moo, moo!
(Found here.)

Activity: What does a farmer do?

Let the children use props to act our the motion.
-Milk the cows (milk a rubber glove filled with water)
-Brush the animals (use a hairbrush on a stuffed animal)
-Plow the fields (swing a hockey stick)
-Harvest the food (put plastic fruits and vegetables into a basket)




We matched animals to their homes.



We matched the beginning of each animal word with its letter.



I made up rhymes for these 3 baby animals, inspired by the verse found here.



When the kids needed some quiet time, we read a book out of the basket.



After we talked about where animals live, we picked grass outside for our sheep craft. I poured glue onto each child's plate and they loved putting grass in the glue. Then they colored a blue sky on each plate. And finally, I added more glue in a circle for their sheep. They sprinkled white shredded paper in the glue to make sheep.



Simon loves anything that involves glue!

They might not have turned out exactly as I hoped, but the kids loved them! And that is what's important right?
This craft was inspired by this pin.

One of the games we played was "Color Corners." I had pictures of 5 different farm animals printed on different colors of paper. I would say, "Find the red horse," or "find the green dog," and the kids would run to that picture. It was an easy way to keep the kids running while they learn colors.

We talked about farmers harvesting food, and then we went out to the garden beds and picked carrots and peas.

And then we made footprints carrots (inspired by this pin).


I hope this ideas help you plan some fun time with your loved ones. Have fun playing and learning!








No comments:

Post a Comment