Monday, August 14, 2017

Crock tober Slow Cooker Ribs


Are you ready for Crock-tober?
I am!

I am excited to share one of my favorite crock pot recipes with you.
If you are a vegetarian, this meal is NOT for you.
Our family on the other hand, LOVES meat.


Slow Cooker Ribs
Here is what you need:
2-3 lbs pork baby back ribs
2.5 cups BBQ sauce
1 small jar (10-12 oz) of cherry jam (or a can of cranberry sauce)
1 T Dijon mustard
Salt & Pepper to taste

Here is what you do (SO EASY!!!)
Cut ribs into 2 portions (trim off any excess fat, if necessary)
Lightly sprinkle salt & pepper on the ribs. Place Ribs in Crock Pot
Combine BBQ sauce, jam & mustard in a bowl.
Pour mixture over ribs.
Cover & Cook on low for 6-8 hours and then your ribs will look like this:
When you try and pick them up, they will LITERALLY fall off the bone. So good!
Look at all that yummy sauce (After I put the ribs on plates, I always spoon on MORE sauce)
I always serve these ribs with Pioneer Woman's Mashed Potatoes, & green peas.
And, wine....of course. Duh. :)
(The beauty of the PW's mashed potatoes is that you can make them the night before & then bake them the next day for 30 minutes right before you serve them. You could also serve the ribs with rice, if you prefer)
Can you say Comfort Food?!?!
The meat is so tender, it melts in your mouth.
These are perfect for the Fall/Winter when you want Ribs, but don't want to go outside & BBQ them.
Don't you want a bite? Yum. Yum. Yum.
This is a family favorite, I love it, Kevin loves and both girls love it!
The fact that both my girls ate it & liked it is a miracle. They are the pickiest eaters EVER.
This is such an easy, easy, easy meal that tastes amazing and requires little effort on your part!
*I used 2.5 lbs of ribs & it feed all 4 of us, with 2 servings leftover *

Now, it's your turn to link up!



I can't wait to check out the recipes you post!
You can link up ANYTIME this week!
Grab a button & go visit other blogs to see what yummy crockpot recipes they linked up!

**Also, don't forget to enter my Erin Condren Giveaway! 4 days left!**



No comments:

Post a Comment