Thursday, August 10, 2017

What are the chances


What do these 3 pictures have in common?

Exhibit A:
The Refrigerator
*Note the towel on the lower left side.

Exhibit B:
The Dishwasher
*Note the towel on the floor

Exhibit C:
The Washing Machine
*Note yet another towel on the ground

Isn't it normal to have a towel under all your appliances?
Well, it is normal if all 3 appliances started LEAKING within the past 2 weeks.
Yes, I am serious! What are the chances?!?!

They say death comes in 3's and that is right, 3 of my appliances have died.

It started with the fridge. We had noticed that under the freezer, it would drip.
So, we called the home warranty. Fridges aren't covered.
We called a repair guy. $160 dollars later, he tells me that drain seal is broken & that they don't sell that part so we need a new fridge!!! It came with the house & is only 5 years old. Ugh. Luckily, our repair guy (and Kevin) did some research over the weekend and he is coming back this afternoon to see if he can fix it using a different part. Wish him luck.

Moving on the the dishwasher (which is thankfully covered with our home warranty). The digital panel hasn't worked since we moved in, which isn't that big of a deal. But then last week, I cam downstairs after I ran the dishwasher & there was a huge puddle. Awesome. I am still using the dishwasher, but have been keeping a towel there to soak up the water. Repair guy is coming later this week.

And finally, the washing machine. On Saturday, I was doing massive amounts of laundry (I do laundry on the weekends, don't have time to do it during the week). After my 3rd load, we notice a HUGE puddle coming from under the washer.
All Kevin and I could do is laugh.
What are the chances that 3 major appliances had leaks within a few weeks?
I told you our house was the Money Pit!
Our washer & dryer are over 12 years old (a family I babysat for gave them to us when we got married because they were getting new ones) We have already gotten them fixed a few years ago, and they aren't under warranty anymore. Home Depot was having a huge washer/dryer sale, so on Sunday we ordered a new washer & dryer.
(Our dryer wasn't broken, but it takes over 2 hours to dry a load, so we just decided to buy the pair since they were on sale). They are getting delivered on Friday.

I could have had them delivered earlier in the week, but I decided to wait until Friday because I don't do laundry during the week anyways, so it didn't matter that I didn't have a washer for a few days. Right?

WRONG.

Guess who came down with the stomach flu yesterday?
Yesterday, our poor little Kate threw up in Kevin's car (while in the parking lot on the way to preschool drop off).
And, she got sick a few times in the afternoon/evening and again this morning.
I am home from school today taking care of her & disinfecting our entire house.

If any of you have had a young child who has the stomach flu, than you KNOW that the chances of them making it to the toilet is RARE.
Kate is no exception...she tries to make it to the toilet, but so far her success rate is at Zero.
Close, but no cigar.
Which means, I have been using a lot of towels to clean up her mess. Her clothes & pajamas are also "victims" of the stomach flu. And, let's not forget about the car seat in Kevin's car.
*shudder*

What are the chances that this would happen the week I don't have a washing machine that works?!?!

I am thankful we have family that lives near by, because as soon as Kate wakes up we are heading to my parents to wash a few loads of laundry, because this laundry can't wait until Friday.

Hoping & Praying no one else in our family gets this stomach bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment